Job Title: Patient Liaison Manager – Metabolic
Cycle Company: Cycle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Location: Field based role in U.S. With the current COVID-19 travel restrictions and lockdowns in certain areas of the country, we may require you to work from home for all or part of the week.
Position Summary: We are seeking a field-based candidate to provide injection training support and patient liaison management for Cycle’s on-market and pipeline products for rare diseases. This candidate will work in a highly visible, strong team environment to provide point-of-service support with healthcare providers, clinical institutions, speciality pharmacies and hub services to manage all steps required to support patient access to therapy including patient clinical injection training, reimbursement, and financial assistance services. The role will establish and maintain cross-functional relationships to support adherence to therapy for the ideal patient journey.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with speciality pharmacies, hub services and insurance companies to obtain reimbursement information
- Work with hub services to perform benefit investigations with insurance companies as required
- Assist patients, families, and caregivers on reimbursement options
- Seek solutions for ongoing reimbursement issues (PA’s, appeals, insurance changes)
- Manage patient transitional care to Cycle products
- Provide product specific clinical training and education, to include dose administration and injection training either at patient’s homes, clinics, or via telephone and/or video-app.
- Manage cross-functional support with Field Account Managers to manage external relationships
- Respond to patient and office inquiries with a customer centric approach
- Provide ongoing patient support to improve compliance and adherence to therapy
- Manage patient assistance to therapy by offering accessible patient specific programs
- Attend patient support meetings and industry specific conferences representing Cycle
- Communicate and collaborate on appropriate product/portfolio strategies and plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and/or related field
- Current nursing license in good standing in assigned state(s)
- Deep understanding of patient access, hub services, speciality products in rare disease space, reimbursement, adherence programs and patient assistance programs
- Prior reimbursement experience with ability to communicate complex reimbursement scenarios to patients and medical professionals
- Pharmaceutical clinical nurse injection training experience
- Capacity to assist patient/caregiver with prescribed therapy and provide medication training
- Strong case management background with skills to manage patient support services
- Familiarity with change management and the ability to identify best options based on business need
- Strong communication and presentation skills for internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute on business deliverables
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners (sales, market access, marketing, regulatory, compliance)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and work independently
- Individual must possess and portray strong emotional resilience
- Individual must possess extraordinary positive attitude, exceptional listening skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to lead, initiate and implement programs or activities to gain, maintain and improve access of Cycle products
- Manage travel, as needed based on patient, project or business needs (approximately 50-75%)
- Minimum of 5 years +experience working in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Rare disease experience
- Experience and relationships with disease specific providers and clinics
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Project management experience
What makes this role special:
- Seek to have a profound impact on disease specific patients and their families.
- Work on a portfolio of multiple potential therapies.
- Develop strategy, as well as manage execution
- Help shape the culture and future of an emerging pharmaceutical company with a grand vision
- Collaborate with a growing team of experienced professionals
- Learn from a strong leadership team a with a proven history of success
Please submit CVs and Resumes to: CareersUS@cyclepharma.com
Cycle Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.