Rare Disease Account Manager – North East (RI, NY, NH, CT, MA)
Cycle Pharmaceuticals is looking for an enthusiastic and talented team player to join its fast-growing Sales Department as a Rare Disease Account Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant input into the growth of a dynamic, collaborative and patient focused team, within a successful small biotechnology Company showing year on year revenue growth. Our employees are encouraged to have an entrepreneurial mindset, share ideas and bring fresh perspectives and solutions to discussions that will contribute to the strategic planning process, and take personal ownership to help us deliver our targets.
You will be challenged to enjoy the variety of selling across multiple therapeutic areas and products within our portfolio, and ensuring the service offering from our Cycle Vita patient hub is at the core of our sales proposition. As well as building lasting relationships with clinics, health care and key opinion leaders, you will develop your internal network and contribute to cross-functional project teams. Having the opportunity to participate in a range of company projects, you will leverage your transferable skills across projects aligned to market access, product launches, patient services and marketing to make a real difference to our growth plan.
At Cycle, we believe that Every Single Patient Matters, this is at the heart of why we work, and we’d love for you to share our vision. We know that life-changing treatments need life-improving product support to match, because when you put the two together, great things can happen.
We are a pioneering pharmaceutical company, reimagining how drugs and services can benefit patients with rare disease to make their lives easier and improve their quality of life. Cycle, as a company, works closely with patient groups and healthcare professionals to understand the unmet needs of patients and their carers. By collaborating with academic communities and using the latest cutting-edge pharmaceutical technologies, we translate innovations into medicinal products that patients and caregivers actually desire. We deliver the required medicine with the minimum impact on daily routines and, just as importantly, provide individualized support services to patients, families, carers and the healthcare professionals community.
Cycle has three core areas of pharmaceutical development and work across rare metabolic, immunological and neurological genetic conditions: improving drugs – optimizing an existing drug; repurposing drugs – creating a new indication for an existing drug; and generics – reinstating generic drugs, previously available in the market. These three areas of focus are underpinned by formulation technology – using new drug delivery technologies to improve the efficacy and effectiveness of drugs, allowing us to give patients greater freedom and choice.
Job Title: Rare Disease Account Manager – Immunology / Neurology
Cycle Company: Cycle Pharmaceuticals Inc
Location: Ideally located in one of the major metropolitan areas within RI, NY, NH, CT, or MA.
Position Summary: This is a full-time position within the US Sales department, working remotely from home.
What you will be doing
- Create awareness about rare diseases, and the services that can be provided to support both HCPs and patients, through physician, nurse and office-based selling and promotional activity.
- Cold-call and sell through a variety of mediums including phone, email, video conferencing, and face to face.
- Educate regarding prescribing process when you help a customer identify a patient.
- Partner with our HUB and wider patient support team to coordinate patient support.
- Coordinate community-based education through thought leaders when requested.
- Provide input to and collaborate with the Marketing and Training departments regarding diagnosis, disease education and treatment education, tools and messages.
- Execute marketing programs and support medical meeting presence to communicate key messages.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs on education and other initiatives when appropriate.
- Adhere to compliance guidelines.
- Develop and execute quarterly territory business plan.
What will enable you to thrive
The following skills and experience will be important in helping set you up to succeed and thrive in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience selling both biopharmaceutical products and services
- 5+ years field-based experience in biopharmaceutical industry required
- 3+ years of Hospital/Institutional sales experience required
- Proven track record of delivering results that meet or exceed targeted objectives
- Demonstrated highest ethical standards
- Demonstrated competency in working across and with multiple teams in a collaborative manner, sharing information proactively
- Experience with CRM systems, Outlook, Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel > 70%
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
What makes this role special
- Seek to have a profound impact on patients and their families.
- Work across a range of different disease states.
- Mentoring, coaching and training that will give you the opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Help shape the culture and future of an emerging pharmaceutical company with a grand vision.
- Work with a growing team of experienced professionals.
- Learn from a strong leadership team with a proven history of success.
What can we offer to you
The role will be homebased but you may be required to travel between 50% – 70% of your time to attend internal and external sales meetings and events. We have an agile working policy which allows employees the flexibility to manage their appointments, start and finish times around our core working hours and the business need and deliverables.
In addition to being part of a great team and doing things that will make a real difference to patients’ lives, you will enjoy all the benefits that brings:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A collaborative high performing work environment
- Performance based bonus
- Opportunity to join a fast growing and ambitious business
- 100% employer paid membership for Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
Cycle Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.