Cycle Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering UK pharmaceutical company, reimagining how drugs can benefit patients, to make their lives easier and improve their quality of life at every stage. Cycle, as a company, works closely with patient groups and healthcare professionals to understand the unmet needs. By collaborating with academic communities, Cycle intends to translate innovations into medicinal products that patients and caregivers actually desire.
Cycle has three core areas of pharmaceutical development: improving drugs – optimising an existing drug; repurposing drugs – creating a new indication for an already existing drug; and generics – reinstating generic drugs, previously available in the market. These three areas of focus are underpinned by formulation technology – creating new drug delivery technologies to improve the efficacy and effectiveness of drugs, allowing us to give patients greater freedom and choice.
Cycle’s first commercial product, NITYR™ (nitisinone) tablets for Hereditary Tyrosinemia Type 1, has been launched across International markets. A diverse pipeline which focuses on rare conditions is also in development. Therefore, it is a critical moment for Cycle to build a strong global Commercial Operations Department with team members who share the same aspiration. The Cambridge team is relatively small but highly dynamic, and the work environment is very much that of an expanding company, hence requiring an adaptive and pragmatic mindset.
- Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations and supporting the cross-functional team, including Regional Comercial Directors, Finance, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Global Marketing and Quality functions, to drive profitability and/or sales opportunities, may include involvement in ad hoc projects;
- Liaise with local distributors and associated companies to build commercial and distribution strategy and to deliver territory performance of sales against target;
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Operations to create and monitor budget and sales forecast;
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Commercial Directors building territory business plans and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth;
- Work to agreed deadlines, with ability to respond readily to changing events and priorities;
- Opportunity to grow within the role and take leadership in commercial roles.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Business or related discipline or relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- A hands-on experience in consulting and/or business projects in professional or academic setting;
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous manner, as well as being part of a team with the ability to establish strong relationships and liaise effectively with distributors and associated companies worldwide;
- Good problem solving and critical thinking in complex, multidisciplinary situations
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude to assume responsibilities beyond own role when the circumstances demand;
- Ability to focus, work with attention to detail and retain critical information;
- Proven organisational/project management skills;
- Be proficient in the use of IT packages, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Involvement in developing and executing business or strategic marketing plans;
- Experienced in working with different cultures (including Middle East, Africa, Latin America and/or other emerging markets) within the biopharmaceutical sector;
- Fluent in either Spanish/Arabic/Mandarin.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to join a fast growing and ambitious business
- Development and growth opportunities
- Smart environment and vibrant working conditions
- Great holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Gym Membership
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
- Health insurance (BUPA)
- Contributory Pension Plan.
Job type: Full-time
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Closing date for applications: 21st January 2019
Strictly no agencies. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
Submit your cover letter, including how you meet the requirements, and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org