Job Title: US Legal Counsel
Cycle Company: Cycle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Featured as one of “The Sunday Times 10 Tech Track Ones to Watch 2020,” we are looking to recruit a US attorney into our rapidly expanding US office to fill the U.S. Legal Counsel position.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, mission-driven attorney with an entrepreneurial mindset and growing executive presence to join Cycle’s US leadership team in a strategic, legal role. Working directly with Cycle’s UK based Head of Legal, Counsel will provide superior overall legal guidance, advice and support to the US senior management team and wider operational functions in all areas relating to Cycle’s US legal work, including general corporate, healthcare, pharmaceutical, privacy, and intellectual property law.
Counsel will report to Head of Legal, based in the UK, and coordinate their activities with the US VP of Operations, as well as working daily alongside the US management team, including the Compliance Officer and Medical Affairs Director. As Counsel will play a role in a range of operational and strategic issues relative to Cycle’s expansion, this position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be integrally involved in the company’s growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare thorough, appropriate legal strategy relative to new product launches and ongoing business; ensure full compliance with all laws related to: fraud and abuse, such as the anti-kickback statute, false claims act; foreign corrupt practices act; disclosure and transparency laws; marketing and advertising regulations; HIPAA and data privacy;
- Review advertising, labelling and promotional materials per regulations.
- Draft and negotiate corporate documents and contracts to support Cycle’s U.S. operations, including but not limited to: supply chain and distribution agreements; master service, vendor, consulting, confidentiality and business associate agreements; drug development and manufacturing agreements;
- Trademark applications and filings;
- Identify, plan and draft Cycle template documentation; establish procedure for legal review; create organized retrieval system;
- IP protection.
- Advise internal stakeholders of how new rulings, regulations and opinions may impact Cycle’s business; provide practical guidance to prevent or minimize legal risk;
- Liaise with and support colleagues across all of Cycle’s various business and scientific units, in a team-like manner, as business needs dictate;
- Manage and respond to requests for legal advice across all levels of the US organization;
- Engage outside counsel for expertise or additional legal support as necessary where budget allows.
Qualifications and Skills
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed to practice and in good standing in Massachusetts, or otherwise eligible to register as in-house counsel in Massachusetts;
- 2 – 5 years of experience advising clients in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, either at major law firm or in-house;
- Demonstrated knowledge of all legal issues related to life cycle of drug development and distribution required, as noted above; general familiarity with employment law desirable;
- Able to provide analytical, practical and pragmatic legal advice and guidance to support goals of business units
- Substantial experience negotiating and drafting contracts; strong drafting skills;
- Flexible, collaborative colleague; sense of humor a plus; thrives in fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of employees and external business associates;
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Working Conditions & Environment
The role will be based in our new Westwood, MA office but with some travel to attend meetings both nationally and internationally required. However, as our new office is finalised and with the ongoing current COVID-19 situation, we will enable you to work flexibly from home for all or part of the week, and other travel will be limited until the wider situation stabilises.
Employee Benefits at Cycle Pharmaceuticals
In addition to being part of a great team and doing things that will make a real difference to patients’ lives, you will be part of the Cycle ‘family’ and enjoy all the benefits that brings:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus
- Opportunity to join a fast growing and ambitious business
- 100% Employer Paid membership of the Company Group Health Insurance
- Contributory 401k Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and have the ability to travel when appropriate.
Please submit your CVs and and cover letter to: Careers@cyclepharma.com
Cycle Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.