Job Title: Legal Counsel, Legal department
Cycle Company: Cycle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Location: Cambridge, UK
Featured as one of “The Sunday Times 10 Tech Track Ones to Watch 2020,” we are looking to recruit a UK Legal Counsel into our rapidly expanding UK team.
Working with Cycle’s Head of Legal, you will be responsible for delivering high quality legal advice to the CEO and other members of the board of directors on a variety of legal matters, albeit with a commercial and IP focus. As the Legal Counsel will play a role in a range of operational and strategic issues relative to Cycle’s expansion, this position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be integrally involved in the company’s growth.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Reviewing and assisting with the drafting and negotiation of agreements (particularly IP licence agreements, distribution agreements and manufacturing and supply agreements) to support the operations of Cycle across the world;
- Researching and advising internal stakeholders on new law and the potential impacts of such new law on the business;
- Reading into, planning and drafting Cycle policies, procedures and other template documentation;
- Partner with Compliance to understand and implement the commercial parameters of compliance legislation across multiple jurisdictions;
- Preparing legal strategies for and related to new product launches for both promotional and non-promotional marketing campaigns;
- Liaising with and supporting fellow colleagues (across a variety of different functions) in a team-like manner as the operational needs of the business dictate.
Qualifications and Skills
Technical Requirements (Required)
- 1 – 5 years PQE solicitor or legal executive (or equivalent experience);
- Versatile enough and has sufficient technical knowledge to operate autonomously when needed;
- Have experience of data privacy and related matters;
- Able to provide analytical, practical and pragmatic legal advice and guidance to support goals of business units;
- Substantial experience negotiating and drafting contracts; strong drafting skills;
Technical Requirements (Desired)
- Some in-house experience is preferred
- Ideally have some experience of the pharmaceutical industry/life sciences sector or have a deep desire and willingness to learn more about the same;
Personal Attributes and Experience
- Be passionate about contracts, and have comprehensive commercial and/or IP background gained in private practice and/or in house;
- The Legal Counsel will have both an operational and strategic role and influence on the business so the ability to adapt and work across both these levels is key;
- Have good judgement and an ability to self-reflect to ensure that advice provided is not just legally correct, but practical, commercial and pragmatic in order to and suit the fast paced nature of the business; have an analytical and problem-solving approach to advice;
- A desire to learn and grow with a rapidly expanding business; thrives in fast-paced environment;
- Flexible, collaborative colleague; sense of humour a plus; Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of employees and external business associates;
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Working Conditions & Environment
The role will be based in our new Cambridge office but some travel to attend meetings may be required. However, with the ongoing current COVID-19 situation, we will enable you to work flexibly from home for part of the week, and other travel will be limited until the wider situation stabilises.
Employee Benefits at Cycle Pharmaceuticals
In addition to being part of a great team and doing things that will make a real difference to patients’ lives, you will be part of the Cycle ‘family’ and enjoy all the benefits that brings:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus
- Opportunity to join a fast growing and ambitious business
- Company pension scheme
- 100% employer paid membership for Private Health Insurance
- Life and Critical Illness Insurance
- Corporate Gym membership
Applications: please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Cycle Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.