We are recruiting for a Legal Counsel based in Boston, MA. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join Cycle at a very important period of growth. We are looking for a self-starter, entrepreneurial and commercially minded individual who is not afraid of challenges and that is passionate about making a difference to patients’ lives.
Legal Counsel (US)
Cycle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Head of Legal (Commercial)
Overview of the role
Rapidly-expanding U.S. office of Cycle Pharmaceuticals, a U.K.-based rare disease global company featured as one of “The Sunday Times 10 Tech Track Ones to Watch 2020,” is seeking attorney for newly-created U.S. Legal Counsel position.
Exciting opportunity for experienced, mission-driven attorney with entrepreneurial mindset and executive presence to join Cycle’s U.S. leadership team in strategic, legal role. Working directly with Cycle’s U.K. Head of Legal, Counsel will provide superior overall legal guidance, advice and support to the General Counsel, the U.S. Director of Operations, and the U.S. Senior Management in all areas relating to Cycle’s US legal work, including general corporate, healthcare, pharmaceutical and intellectual property law.
Counsel will report to Head of Legal in the UK, coordinate her/his activities with the U.S. Director of Operations and will work daily alongside the U.S. management team, including the Compliance and Privacy Officer. As Counsel may/will play role in operational and strategic issues relative to Cycle’s expansion, this position offers Counsel an opportunity to be integrally involved in the company’s growth.
- Draft and negotiate corporate documents and contracts to support Cycle’s U.S. operations, including but not limited to: supply chain and distribution agreements; master service, vendor, consulting, confidentiality and business associate agreements; drug development and manufacturing agreements;
- Trademark applications and filings;
- Identify, plan and draft Cycle template documentation; establish procedure for legal review; create organized retrieval system;
- IP protection.
- Prepare thorough, appropriate legal strategy relative to new product launches and ongoing business; ensure full compliance with all laws related to: fraud and abuse, such as the anti-kickback statute, false claims act; foreign corrupt practices act; disclosure and transparency laws; marketing and advertising regulations; HIPAA and data privacy;
- Review advertising, labelling and promotional materials per regulations.
- Advise internal stakeholders of how new rulings, regulations and opinions may impact Cycle’s business; provide practical guidance to prevent or minimize legal risk;
- Liaise with and support colleagues across all of Cycle’s various business and scientific units, in a team-like manner, as business needs dictate;
- Manage and respond to requests for legal advice across all levels of the US organization;
- Engage outside counsel for expertise or additional legal support as necessary where budget allows
Qualifications and Skills
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed to practice and in good standing in Massachusetts, or otherwise eligible to register as in-house counsel in Massachusetts;
- At least 3 years’ experience advising clients in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, either at major law firm or in-house;
- Demonstrated knowledge of all legal issues related to life cycle of drug development and distribution required, as noted above; general familiarity with employment law desirable;
- Able to provide analytical, practical and pragmatic legal advice and guidance to support goals of business units
- Substantial experience negotiating and drafting contracts; strong drafting skills;
- Flexible, collaborative colleague; sense of humor a plus; thrives in fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of employees and external business associates;
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Working Conditions & Environment
The role is full time, and usually office based in Boston, MA. However, with the current COVID-19 situation, we may require you to work from home for all or part of the week.
Employee Benefits at Cycle Pharmaceuticals
In addition to being part of a great team and doing things that will make a real difference to patients’ lives, you will be part of the Cycle ‘family’ and enjoy all the benefits that brings:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus
- Opportunity to join a fast growing and ambitious business
- Smart office environment and vibrant working conditions
- Health Insurance
- Contributory 401k Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and have the ability to travel when appropriate.
Applications: send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing applications: 26 April 2021
Cycle Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.