We are recruiting for a US Brand based in Cambridge (UK) to focus on the upcoming launches of new products in the US market. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join Cycle at a very important period of growth. We are looking for a self-starter, entrepreneurial and commercially minded individual who is not afraid of challenges and that is passionate about making a difference to patients’ lives.
Job Title: US Brand Manager
Reports To: Head of Global Marketing
Cycle Company: Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Location: Cycle’s UK Offices – New offices from May 2021: Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Broers Building, 21 JJ Thompson Ave Cambridge, CB3 0FA – UK. However, with the current COVID-19 situation, we may require you to work from home for all or part of the week. This role involves some international travel to the US.
Position Summary: This full-time position, will report to the Head of Global Marketing and work in close sync with other members of the US Marketing Team, Sales, Patient Services and Operations and Hub teams. This role will contribute to the company revenue and help maximize the profitability of our new product launches by developing and implementing strategic and tactical multichannel marketing programs and material to drive business objectives.
Externally this position interacts with communication agencies, printers, other suppliers, patient organizations and commercial partners (US Specialty Pharmacies, HUB vendors, food companies, etc.)
This essential role is responsible for supporting the design of the marketing strategy, tactical plans and implementation, including working with Medical teams for the creation of patient programs and services. Post launch, you will create and measure (KPIs) and lead data integration projects to work closely with all other internal stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and tactical implementation of product brand strategy for new products for the US market;
- Work within the US-FDA guidelines for the promotion of medicines to ensure that material and programs are compliant and produced in accordance with all US rules and regulations;
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data;
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and marketplace and consolidating information into actionable items, reports and presentations;
- Development, implementation and full management of promotional material and patient programs;
- Manage agency and suppliers’ relationships to ensure timely delivery of assigned tactics and that they align with strategy;
- Collaborate with Commercial and Medical departments to develop patient programs that are in line with strategic direction; leveraging these programs to support market expansion;
- Build productive business relationships and projects with Key Opinion Leaders and influential partners;
- Create KPIs for marketing activities, monitor and control program performance;
- Ensure assigned projects are on budget and delivered accordingly to plan;
- Communicate effectively within the organization to ensure the motivation and alignment of sales force and other internal stakeholders;
- Manage marketing stock of material for sales force, specialty pharmacies and hubs.
- Manage and coordination of congress and events calendar, ensuring booths are booked, and arrangements are in place;
- Run and manage all social media platforms for assigned products in in the US, monitoring channels to ensure timely report of any Adverse Events following Cycle’s policies and SOPs;
- Manage US website for the Product ensuring the content is up to date and review and approved in a timely manner.
- Creating product training materials and Training field staff about Cycle’s products, competitors and roll out of new campaigns.
- Office based in Cambridge (UK) but with travel to attend meetings, conference, field visits customer/supplier visits (25-30% of the time).
- The role also involves 2-3 times per year international travel to Cycle’s HQ in Cambridge (UK) to attend all staff meetings and/or training.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, scientific or related field, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Digital Marketing and SEO experience
- Good scientific knowledge and agility at learning about new pharmaceutical products and technologies.
- Very strong writing and communication skills in English. Able to create content that requires little or no editing.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks; outstanding project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret market data.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment.
- Curious, flexible and a self-starter.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to identify key dynamics amidst complexity
- Ability to inspire, motivate a team and drive for results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Partner management experience
- Results-driven mindset
Desirable experience and skills:
- 5+ years of biotech or pharmaceutical marketing experience
- 1-2 years of pharmaceutical sales experience (Medical Sales Representative)
- Experienced in Metabolic Rare Diseases and/or neurology therapeutic areas
- Experience with Hootsuite for the management of digital campaigns in social media
- Experience with Veeva Vault Promomats for the review and approval of marketing assets
- Experience launching new products
- Spanish language (written and spoken)
What makes this role special:
- Seek to have a profound impact on patients and their families.
- Work on a portfolio of multiple potential therapies.
- Help shape the culture and future of an emerging pharmaceutical company with a grand vision
- Collaborate with a growing team of experienced professionals
- Learn from a strong leadership team a with a proven history of success
Please submit CV and a cover letter to: Flora Hickish (firstname.lastname@example.org)